Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

RPAT Configuration For LogmeIn access on DQ57TM

CTayl6
Beginner

Can someone please point me to some specific instruction for configuring my DQ57TM System for RPAT access using LogMeIn? I was at the TST a couple of days ago in which we configured the desktop in question for VPro access but this does not seem to make it RPAT capable. The people at LogMeIn tried to help out for about 1 1/2 Hours going over the Bios of the system as well as installing Intel's RPAT software but the software keeps coming up saying the system is not RPAT capable. I have it configured so that I can access it via VNC Viewer Plus but this does me no good for LogMeIn Purposes. I am told there is supposed to be a CTRL+P option during boot up that gets into further configuration but this does not seem to exist on this board. it neither shows up anywhere during boot up nor does pressing CTRL+P seem to have any effect (It just boots into the OS which is Win 7 Pro 64-bit)

any specific directions would be very helpful since Intel themselves offer not phone support whatsoever and nothing else of consequence.

Carl.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Carl,

Things are slightly different in DQ57TM BIOS. You access the AMT settings from inside the BIOS. There is no CTL-P screen.

However you should not need to access AMT settings. In most versions of DQ57TM BIOS you access the RPAT options by hitting F9 at boot (same time you would hit F2 to enter BIOS). That should bring up the RPAT menus.

Hope this helps.

Tony

0 Kudos
CTayl6
Beginner

Unfortunately when I hit F9 I get some white text that flashes on the screen too quick to be able to read and then it goes right into Windows.

Again I am able to access the system including bios and all using "VNC Viewer Plus" Trial edition. But I cannot get any access to RPAT (Which is required for LogMeIn). When I run the "Intel Management And Security Status" tool that loads in the taskbar on the "General" Tab it shows "Intel AMT" enabled, "Intel RPAT" DISABLED, and "Intel AT" Enabled.

Also In the Bios there is no mention anywhere about "RPAT".

Carl.

0 Kudos
CTayl6
Beginner

So no more comments on this?

I guess I should start thinking about returning this board as defective then since the F9 option does not work and I cannot configure RPAT with it due to that issue?

0 Kudos
Corey_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Carl,

One reason it might not be working is that the product was discontinued. See the following http://www.intel.com/support/services/rpat/sb/CS-031743.htm website post. If we can assist you with any other issues, be happy to help you out!

Regards,

Corey
0 Kudos