Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Remote reboot PXE boot HP 8200 elite SSF

idata
Employee

Hello

i have recently started working with intel AMT, and i injoy it very much, how ever i ran into a problem with the remote PXE boot option from the commander tool.

i have no issue taking over the controls of the machine, but when i want to do a remote reboot to PXE boot it displays NON-System disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready

HP 8100 elite SSF dont have this issue

i just flash the bios in hopes that if will fix this issue, but still no luck

if i use the local computer, keyboard and screen i can use F12 to do a network boot and that works, as it is suppose to.

any idea what i configured wrong?

best reguard

Martin Månsson

Univerversity library of southern denmark

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Are you using an additional NIC card for the PXE boot?

If you are remotely connected to the Vpro computer via AMT, then the NIC is reserved for the IDER/SOL (IDE redirection & Serial over LAN) features so it won't allow the interaction of the PXE boot. It will be required to install an additional NIC card to redirect the PXE boot.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No i havent installed anything in the machine and its not configured with anything other then onboard things.

i hope its because of the management console im using, its downloaded from intels own page with the tools.

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

I would suggest installing a 2nd NIC card to redirect the PXE Boot to that NIC Card, since the onboard NIC will be reserved for the AMT remote access.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

now i testet with a second nic, still not able to do remote reboot PXE.

At the moment im downloading another way to manage my AMT clients LANDesk management suite 9 (trial version) to see if it is the console that is the issue, which i don't think, but gotta try it.

any other suggestens

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

you are a douchbergh. iceberg of douche.

2nd nic. FACEDESK.

0 Kudos