Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Required: Tool to deactivate AMT - code to do same.

idata
Employee

I have a requirement to deactive the AMT setting on 2500 + workstations.

The problem is that the sol devive is conflicting with a 3rd party peripheral.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to set the manageability mode fromAMT back to none - in effetc reversion the process carried out by the activator utility.

I have not had any sucess finding a suitbale utility - I was hoping that the code used in the activator utiluity could be modified to chnage the end state to None.

Alternatively is there a way to force the SOL devive to use a specific port number.

I would really appreciate your assistance with this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

Hi, there!

Regretfully, there is no shuch tool/utility by means of which AMT can be disabled. I do appreciate your feedback and will make sure your comment reaches the proper department for future consideration. As for now, to disable AMT, please, follow these manual steps:

1. Boot the system to the BIOS

2. Go to the 'Intel ME' Tab

3. Enter Intel(R) Management Engine Password and type a new password. The password must be at least 8 digits, numbers, upper case and lower case letters and an special character.

4. There will be a pop-up message where it indicates the password is successfully changed; you just need to press 'enter'

5. Enter the Intel(R) Management Engine Configuration

6. On Manageability Feature, there are 3 options [None, Intel(R) AMT, ASF], and select 'None'.

7. Save the changes and exit BIOS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ChrisNZ,

Let's gather a bit more info to see what options we have:

what version of AMT are you working with?

Have these systems been provisioned?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Josh,

no they have not been fully provisioned. the versions are 3.0.1 and 5.0.3.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Chris, we are currently looking into this and I will keep you up to date as I get more info.

Josh

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Chris,

For your 3.x clients, try the COMPORT.EXE tool attached to this thread: /message/8057# 8057 http://communities.intel.com/message/8057# 8057 (example: c:\COMPORT.EXE COM4)

For the 5.x clients, try this switch when installing or reinstalling the driver: setup.exe -port

here are the available switches when installing LMSSOL:

These 2 options should allow for you to move the SOL comport to one that you specify.

hope this helps!

Josh

0 Kudos