I noticed that the principles driving Data Center Efficiency are really the same tennats that drive many emerging compute models.Alan posted his guiding principles as:
1. Evolve our corporate data centers based on architectural governance and capability maturity-based methodologies
2. Enable a multi-tier service management and service delivery operational framework
3. Enable a service-oriented data center architecture
4. Enable a high-performance computing mindset for application environments
5. Design and build DC facilities modularity for flexibility, scalability and managed capital investment
6. Keep Intel legal and secure
7. Transform enterprise operations and scale TCO through innovation
8. Continuously optimize TCO and unit cost
9. Provide an environmentally friendly foundation
If we generalize and use these as a measuring stick for emerging models it would be interesting to see how some of the current end-to-end solutions would hold up.
Often new compute models are trading off compute cycles on the server or network or client and with each of these finding innovative approaches to long standing business problems.What do you see as the principles that drive your adoption of emerging compute models?