Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

What is Option 15 does not return the correct DNS Suffix and I want to provision the systems remotely

BMull
Novice

Hi everyone,

I have a scenario I'm hoping you can help me with.

I have a domain called bamits.local.

Option 15 is set to horse.local.

I want to provision all the systems in bamits.local without entering the FQDN of the provisioning server into the firmware. What are my options? The catch is I want to provision systems from 5.0 and above, or even 6.0.3 and above.

Host based configuration is available with 6.2 and above but what else can I do?

I cannot change option 15 to bamits.local

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joseph_O_Intel
Employee

Hey Blair,

Changing the provision server in the firmware will not be of any help.

The important part is that the provisioning cert must include the same domain as the option 15 setting.

So what you will need to do is get a multiple domain provisioning certificate, which should include all your domains within the request. (ie horse.local, bamits.local, domain1, etc)

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel
Employee

Hey Blair,

Changing the provision server in the firmware will not be of any help.

The important part is that the provisioning cert must include the same domain as the option 15 setting.

So what you will need to do is get a multiple domain provisioning certificate, which should include all your domains within the request. (ie horse.local, bamits.local, domain1, etc)

Joe

0 Kudos
BMull
Novice

Thanks Joe. 100% Correct, expect I did get it working with the FQDN when I put it directly into the firmware

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel
Employee

Yes by entering the MEBx and entering the FQDN in the Network Name Setting section will work. This is due to this data will override any information passed to the MEBx from the DHCP Option 15.

This will allow the provisioning process to commence, however during the process the FQDN will be altered to that specified within the provisioning profile

0 Kudos