Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

suggest a motherboard for q9550

idata
Employee

Hi,

recently i purchased a new system (processor : q9550, motherboard dg41ty, ddr2 4 gb, hdd 500 gb)

after a lots of trouble with dg41ty.... finally i want to change my motherboard with a new one....

please suggest me which one will give optimum performance with my processor q9550

after a deep searching i found one motherboard (http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=34687 DQ45CB) but dont know about its performance..

i am a web developer.... so requires a lot of application running simultaneously.... some applications requires lots of memory also...

and please suggest the ranking of the series of intel :

1. extreme

2. media

3. executive

4. classic

5 essential..

my core requirements are (dvi ports, IEEE 1394a, good sound, trouble free internet connectivity, and stability...)

my earlier board DG41TY gave me a lots of trouble..... for last one month i am unable to work on this system....

please suggest me for which motherboard should i go....

thanks for you consideration

best regards

ashok sharma

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JLodh
New Contributor II

Hi Ashok,

DQ45CB is an excellent choice considering your requirements. It supports vPro technology & belongs to the executive series which is a high-end series of motherboards, so if you have it, I'd say you couldn't get a better choice. You're not just getting things as per your needs but also a system that is vPro enabled and totally supports virtualization.

FYI: In case you want to choose between different motherboards, you can use our http://mbsg.intel.com/mbsg/ online motherboard selection tool.

Thank you!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I recently bought the same cpu and dg41ty motherboard as well as installing 8gb of ram. However I must say that I am annoyed with the overall performance. Slow boots, only 6gb out of the 8gb accessible. Anyway did u purchase the DQ45CB motherboard and if so is it working out for you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear KS,

i purchased that DQ45CB........... and am sorry to say........ this is also acting like DG41TY............ Boots in 12 minutes......no ps2 connectors..... all usb connectors.............. cannot connect parellel hard disks (PATA).............. only SATA drives can be attached........therefor you have to purchase all devices with can communites with USB port............. (actually i had to purchased all that new. like keyboard, mouse, new hard drive, new DVD drive)

and having a new problem that it changes clock time randomly......... without any reason......everyday i set its time........ and after reboot........ sometime it get changed.....

no support from intel........

but ofcourse...........motherboard after booting........ works very fine...........i cant say about ram because i installed just only 4 GB of ram which is in acceptable ragne..........if you are from india............. my true advice is to checkout atleast one good hardware vendor........to resolve your installation problem............ once this board is installed............am sure you will be pleased with its performance......

best regards

ashok sharma

0 Kudos