Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Bonjour, je n'arrive pas à régler le problème par moi même. J'ai un NUC DN2820FYK dont je n'arrive pas à updater le Bios (ou même à le downgrader) j'ai télécharger le dernier bios disponible : le PC reboot dès que je lance le flashage du .BIO ...

JFleu1
Beginner

Peu importe la méthode de flashage (via F7, via le Visual Bios F2, ou via l'utilitaire iflash2) le PC reboot dès que j'enclenche la mise à jour du BIOS et rien n'est fait. J'ai essayé avec le dernier BIOS téléchargeable, FYBYT10H.86A.0071.2019.1114.1128 mais après contrôle au redémarrage le NUC reste bloqué sur le bios suivant : FYBYT10H.86A.0039.2014.6815.1150 ...

J'ai bien essayé de passer par étape donc j'ai essayé de passer le FYBYT10H.86A.0039.0052 et j'ai même essayé de rétrograder en 0038 ... à chaque fois le PC reboot et rien n'est fait. C'est comme si il était impossible de flasher le bios du NUC. J'ai un autre NUC du même modèle et je l'ai fais sans problème en passant par le Visual BIOS en lui même et je n'ai eu aucun souci et surtout je sais comment ça se passe quand ça se passe normalement.

Ci joint l'export TXT du Intel DSA (Driver Support Assistant) avec toutes les caractéristiques du poste... Si quelqu'un a une idée qui pourrait me permettre d'updater car si j'en suis là c'est que je dois le faire pour régler un problème de audio over HMDI depuis un update en Windows 10 v1909... Si j'avais su je l'aurai laissé tourner sous Windows 7.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Of course Bios update is recommended. However, this is very big jump from version 0039 to the latest version 0071. You have to be aware, that if you upgrade the Bios to version 0071, you will not be able to downgrade Bios back to version 0039. You will be able to downgrade only to version 0060. But if the update will go correctly I don't see any reason to downgrade Bios. It should be your decision. Your Bios should be updated using Bios Recovery with Yellow Security Jumper Removed method:
  2. Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 with Bios file FY0071.bio https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29279/BIOS-Update-FYBYT10H-86A-?product=78953 . Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows.
  3. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the bottom panel from your NUC.
  4. Remove the Yellow Bios Security Jumper. (page 41 in Technical Product Specification https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/DN2820FYKH_TechProdSpec05.pdf)
  5. Insert the USB with the FY0071.bio file into USB slot.
  6. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
  7. When bios recovery is completed, press and hold the Power Button to switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper (pins 1-2) . Reinstall the bottom panel.
  8. Power your NUC ON.
  9. Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
  10. Press F9(followed by "Y"), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by "Y"), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.

Hope this helps

Leon

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JFleu1,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Due to Intel® NUC Kit DN2820FYKH being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JFleu1
Beginner

Thanks for your step by step Unlock procedure LWAKSMAN , it really helps a lot.

I update my fw to 0071 and then i was able to use the Legacy boot disable trick to get back audio over HDMI on Windows 10 as I read on some other forum. ..

Thanks again !

0 Kudos