Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 not finding BT nor WIFI

CKnod1
Beginner

Installed the device today but it is not working. From an Installation point everything looks fine, but it shows no available connections in either BT or WIFI. (other devices do show plenty connections)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I have to say that your are in wrong forum. This is forum for Intel NUC computers and you have ASRock x570m pro4 motherboard.
  2. From the attached report, I can see that you have installed and Intel AC 8265 WiFi adapter. Did you checked with the motherboard manufacturer that this adapter is compatible with your board and may work when installed in M.2 slot? If not, you should do it.
  3. Did you connected external antennas to this adapter? You need two external antennas - one for 5GHz WiFi and the second for 2Ghz + Bluetooth. This an example for such antennas. There is additional model , however you need buy also antenna pigtail cable.

Leon

0 Kudos
CKnod1
Beginner

Thanks Leon, sorry for the wrong forum.

They seem to be compatible at least the manufacturer says: "M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 WiFi/BT module"

but you might be right about the antenna. I thought though in close proximity and an open case it would find something.

Chris

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

If you didn't connect any antenna, this is your problem and should be solved after connecting those antennas.

Leon

0 Kudos