Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Remove the IR Cut Filter of RealSense T265

KKous
Beginner

Hi,

I want to remove the IR cut filter of T265 or T261 module.

Is this possible? Can this be a hindrance to tracking?

It doesn't matter if you can't restore.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I am not aware of anyone successfully detaching an IR-Cut filter in the history of RealSense products. In general, trying to detach all or part of an imager is likely to break it.

Are you trying to increase the amount of light entering the imager please, like in a night-vision camera application?

I wonder if an alternative approach may be to pair the T265 with a RealSense SR305 depth camera, as it can operate in low light down to '0' lux.

https://store.intelrealsense.com/buy-intel-realsense-depth-camera-sr305.html

The official FAQ for the T265 advises about low-light conditions that "while well-lit environments are preferable, T265 performs well at light levels as low as 15 lux, and depending on the exact structure of the light can sometimes continue to work at even lower light levels".

0 Kudos
PDePe1
Beginner

hi ! is there any progress/documentation on this?

I would like to do the same

thanks!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

An IR-Cut filter is a physical part of the camera so its effect cannot be removed with software, unfortunately.

Unless you want a T265 to be able to see the light from a source such as an IR illuminator LED lamp or an IR pointer laser, the IR-Cut filter should not normally be a hindrance to tracking.

0 Kudos