Items with no label
3335 Discussions

When will the d400 series be available?

idata
Employee

We are pausing a whole product timeline based on the availability of the D430/D435 sensor. Availability was listed as September, then October, then out of stock, then preorder, and it is now the middle of November. I encouraged the team to wait for this sensor, but I'm worried about losing my job, being solely responsible for delaying the timeline for 2 months to wait for the D400 series to ship. Any info would be wonderful! An evaluation unit would be a LIFESAVER! Thank you!!!

15 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel do not plan to send out any more evaluation units of the 400 series cameras in addition to the ones already distributed, unfortunately.

There is also not a firm date available yet for commencement of pre-orders. There is reason to think it will be sooner rather than later as more and more information is released, including a new site with details of how a Module Kit version will be available for integrators such as yourself.

https://realsense.intel.com/ Intel® RealSense™ Efficiency Enabling Intelligence - Intel® RealSense™

For companies that need a camera soon for product testing, I am recommending using the SR300 camera and the RealSense SDK 2.0, so that the SR300 can easily be swapped out for the 400 Series to gain access to the extra power, resolution, FPS and range as soon as the new camera can be purchased. You should not need to write new SDK 2.0 code unless accessing 400-only features such as synching with external hardware.

So you should be okay if you arrange your project milestones to write and test the code with the SR300 first and integrate the 400 later. You should also be able to use SDK 2.0 to simulate the wide FOV of the 400 series by using a pair of SR300's. SDK 2.0 comes with a demonstration program for its multi-camera support called Multicam.

idata
Employee

Hello Tayzerker,

Thank you for your interest on Intel® RealSense™ Technology.

For future references, your ticket number is 03128115. Please keep this number handy in case you are asked for it.

We cannot comment on the availability of the cameras at this moment.

However you can sign up for notifications regarding the D400 cameras on the following link:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/d400

If you are looking for technical information here is the datasheet for the D400 series:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/d400/intel-realsense-depth-camera-d400-series-datasheet https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/d400/intel-realsense-depth-camera-d400-series-datasheet

If you are looking to purchase an engineering demo please access the following link:

http://designintools.intel.com http://designintools.intel.com

Here you must create a new account as shown in the Customer Service tab. After logging in, you can search for RealSense™ and the new cameras will show up.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support

idata
Employee

Hi MartyG, Thank you for continually answering my questions on this product - it's really appreciated. Does multicam eliminate interference between sensors? And do we know if the D400 series depth sensors will have similar interference issues with overlapping FOV as past sensors? If the interference dynamics of the D400 and SR300 are similar, then it would be a great idea to begin debugging with the SR300. Thank you again for your help!!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

FYI, the link you sent MartyG is "disabled for security reasons"

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Correction, the links must be copied & pasted, not clicked. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm getting the web link problem today too.

As far as I know, the multiple camera support does not prevent interference with SR300 (in the illustration in Intel's Multicam example the cams are looking in different directions). There is not info yet on how the 400 series handles interference

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Great, thank you! I also went ahead and applied for a Privileged Access account to see if I can get a few evaluation units - thanks, Josh B.!

0 Kudos
kfind1
New Contributor I

I am in exactly the same boat. Your downfall was relying on Intel to stay on schedule and to communicate to the customers properly. Be extremely careful with expectations on product life-time as well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So, I was able to order some units thanks to the extremely helpful team that handles the Privileged accounts. It requires a few legal contracts and took about 4 days to make the account (vs. the advertised 10 days, which is great). Ordered the components, but they have 4-8 week lead time... Trying to figure out if I can get them expedited. Thanks for your help, MartyG & Josh B.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm very glad you were able to get what you needed.

PMoli
Beginner

Thank you very much MartyG and Josh B for your help

We are in a very similar situation as described by the OP. We managed to order one D415 from the privileged access site - but I do not seem to be able to buy anymore (we wanted to buy 3 so we can test multi-camera). Instead, we have purchase SR300 to test the multi-camera support.

Is Intel still hoping to have the production D435 available at the end of January?

Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The D-cameras are due to be available for pre-order on the Click store from December 11 (Monday) and be released around January 8.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks, @MartyG! We got ours and love them! Was disappointed in the spec sheet that listed the D430 depth module as having an RGB imager included, but that is not the case. Only IR imagers on the medule although the D435 has an integrated RGB imager added.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Yes, the D415's module version has an RGB sensor but not the D430 module.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Unfortunately the spec sheet isn't clear about this - we spent two months of our already very aggressive development timeline banking on getting RGB from the D430 module... Anyway, spilt milk. Trying to get D435's as fasta s possible. But regardless, the spec sheet needs to be updated - buyers, beware!

0 Kudos