Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

10 bit per channel encoding

andrasjpeg
Beginner
Hello, will 10 bit per channel encoding/decoding be ever supported by quicksync? Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hi, no plans for this so far, sorry. Only 420 chroma format is supported.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III

Hi Nina,

Actually, you could have 420 10-bit, but the holy grail for high quality content storage would be 422 10-bit. I'd also be interested in both 422 and 10-bit.

Peter

0 Kudos
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Sorry for misunderstanding the original question. Still the answer is that we have no plans to support High 10 and High 422 profiles of AVC. I will record this feature request in our database so that it is being tracked.

Would be great if you could send me your company name, if you belong to one, in a private post.

Thanks,
Nina
0 Kudos