Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

12MP h264 encoding

Bjorn_D_
Beginner

Hi, I want to encode 12MegaPixel @ 30 FPS into h264. Is that even possible to do realtime using the intel implementation?

If yes, how would i get started doing this, and what kind of hardware would be required for this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Artem_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Bjorn, what are exact dimensions? H264 encode support maximum 4096x4096 picture size, so you if you can feet - yes it can support 12MP 30fps, but not all HW will be able to run in realtime.

To get started with Media SDK - there are samples codes and documentation available.

Recommended is Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics P580 available in Core i7/Xeon E3 processors.  

0 Kudos
Bjorn_D_
Beginner

Hi Artem,

Thank you for the response. 

I have been looking at this camera: https://www.ptgrey.com/oryx-123-mp-10-gige-mono-sony-imx253-2 which is able to deliver 4096x3000 @ 68 FPS. 

So according to you it should be possible to encode this realtime using the P580 processor. Is that correct?

Do you know if these code examples are available online for me to look through before i decide to actually buy access to the library?

Thanks very much again for your support

0 Kudos