Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

AAC multi-channels is abnormal

junyoung_k_
Beginner

While we are developing a project by Intel Media SDK 2014 Audio Pack Windows, processing of AAC multi-channels is abnormal. What is factor of problems? Is there any solutions or will you modify next version?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

We have a new API version of Intel Media SDK Audio pack for windows with INDE 2015. Can you update and check if that resolves the issue. https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-inde.

If not, can you send us more details on the issue, we can dive deep for workaround. Can also send us log from System Analyzer from <installed>\mediasdk\tools\analyser.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
junyoung_k_
Beginner

Input : AAC Version4 LC 6 channelS 48.0 KHz

ouput:

m_mfxEncodeParams.mfx.CodecId = MFX_CODEC_AAC;
 m_mfxEncodeParams.mfx.OutputFormat = MFX_AUDIO_AAC_ADTS;
 m_mfxEncodeParams.mfx.CodecProfile = MFX_PROFILE_AAC_LC;
 m_mfxEncodeParams.mfx.Bitrate = 128000;
 m_mfxEncodeParams.mfx.SampleFrequency = 48000;
 m_mfxEncodeParams.mfx.NumChannel = 2;
 m_mfxEncodeParams.mfx.BitPerSample = 16;
 m_mfxEncodeParams.mfx.StereoMode = 2;
 m_mfxEncodeParams.AsyncDepth = 1;

encode result is full noise. i think 6->2channel down encoding is probrem.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. So, before I dig deep into the issue, let me ask have you updated to INDE 2015 as we have new API 1.13 with major fixes and updates. Also can you send us logs from System Analyzer, <mediaSdk>/tools/system analyzer.

Thanks,  

0 Kudos