Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

AVC/MVC decoder and Avisynth plugin

Nicolas_D_
Beginner

Hi,

Does anyone already made a AVC/MVC decoder with this SDK ? And greater, does anyone already made an Avisynth plugin with this SDK ?

We would like to create an Avisynth plugin with 2 inputs, left and right view, and made Side-by-side, Over-Under, Left view or Right view output.

If anyone could help us it will perfect !

Thanks !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

I'll leave it to others to comment on Avisynth, but the Media SDK Tutorial has some excellent simplified starting points for code development.

0 Kudos
Nicolas_D_
Beginner

Thanks for your response. I'm going to download the tutorial.

With "simple_2_decode", is it possible to output to another format ? I've seen output is YUV.

Is any example for DirectShow source decoder ?

And which IDE is needed to compile sample ? I don't have any IDE at now :(

Thanks again !

0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Nicolas,

Media SDK decoder only supports output to NV12 format (exception is the JPEG decoder which also supports direct RGB32 output). You can use Media SDK VPP to convert from NV12 to RGB32. If you need other color space format then you will have to use external color space conversion routine.

The Media SDK package includes several DirectShow source code samples.

Media SDK (Windows) samples are supplied with solution/project files for Microsoft Visual Studio.

Regards,
Petter

0 Kudos