Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

About Intel Media SDK addition for FB grab. (Open Broadcast Stack)?

rtfss1gmail_com
Beginner

Hi,

seeing Siggraph presentations I see Intel is working on framebuffer grabbing (slides call "Open Broadcast Stack").. that's what I asked a while ago namely addition of fast framebuffer capture which directly feed media SDK components without going through host similar to support by NV and AMD SDKs: NVENC+NVIFR in nvencode and grid SDK of Nvidia and similarly SDK from AMD (AMD Media SDK)..

I see Intel was talking even on IDF Shenzen on April so questions are:

*Is this coming as an addon similar to HEVC and RAW plugins or integrated into Media SDK core feature set?

*Is this coming soon i.e. 2014R3 or similar or have to wait for Media SDK 2015?

*Would require payment similar to new plugins or be free?

*Also would be present also in Media SDK Linux or would be in Media SDK for Windows only?

thanks..

Oscar.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Oscar,

I am not able to comment on details of unreleased products, but I can make sure internal teams are aware of the interest in the feature.

Thanks.

0 Kudos