Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Access to older versions of Linux libmfxsw64.so?

Greg_H_1
Beginner

I've been looking for the root of a problem with an illegal instruction during MFXInit while loading the software version of the MFX library, in my case 1ibmfxsw64-p.so.17 on a Xeon X5675. 

I'm assuming it crashes because that version of libmfxsw64 uses AVX instructions extensively, it won't even load and tell me it is unsupported.  We'd like to support processors of approximately that vintage.  Are older versions (or less optimized versions) of libmfxsw64 available?  It is not practical for us to restrict software support to only the latest generation or two of processors.

0 Kudos
0 Replies