Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Add dar and sar to sample_multi_transcode and sample_encode

Celio_A_
Beginner

Dear Intel Developers

Its possible to add to sample_multi_transcode and sample_encode par (pixel aspect ratio) and sar (sample aspect ratio)?

For example if i want to encode a SD Asset like 720x480 resolution in 4:3 i add sar 10:11

I bought an intel i5 7500 and wan't to encode to hevc my old home made movies to save hdd space

Currently i can't encode 4:3 without resizing to 720x540, i wan't encode original resolution and original aspect ratio

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi  Celio.

Not sure i understand what you are trying to do- to add to the multi transcode sample what? 

You can use the samples and add code using MSDK- but at the end the sample is meant for learning- so once you figure out how to use it you may want to change a lot of it to match what you are trying to do. 

If i didn't understand, please share more details. 

Regards,

Stav

0 Kudos