Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

[Android] arm64-v8a support

Aleksey_M_
Beginner

Top modern devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S6) use arm64-v8a architecture. There are no *.so libs built for it. Please, compile arm64-v8a libs

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OTorg
New Contributor III

Intel Media SDK covers only Intel processors (x86/x64).

0 Kudos
Aleksey_M_
Beginner

Intel Media SDK covers only Intel processors (x86/x64).

Actually it covers arm-devices as well, so I'm pretty confused.

Can you confirm, that it's not the case for you to support modern devices with arm-64 architecture? If so, I assume this lib is useless, as there are already dozens of those devices, they popular and we can't just ignore thousands of users.

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

Aleksey M. wrote:
Can you confirm, that it's not the case ...

I'm not an Intel employee. So, you should wait for "official" answer from them to a such request.

But it seems unlikely that Intel supports and promotes media acceleration on foreign processors. They earn primarily on processors and not on the INDE.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Aleksey,

Can please share more background on the product you are using? Are you using Intel MediaSDK or Media for Mobile?

Thanks, 

0 Kudos