Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

Are there DirectShow Filters for Video Decoding in Media SDK?

CLi37
Beginner

Any DirectShow Filters for Video Decoding in Media SDK?

I read the article about the architecture of Media SDK. It applied DXVA2 or DDI as the base to implementation. My questions is can I use hardware accelearation filters in Media SDK without enabling DXVA2? Or can I use Media SDK for video decoding in the way like CUDA access video processor?

By using DDI can I directly call the media processor in Core i5 through Media SDK?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Eric_S_Intel
Employee
Quoting changl

Any DirectShow Filters for Video Decoding in Media SDK?

I read the article about the architecture of Media SDK. It applied DXVA2 or DDI as the base to implementation. My questions is can I use hardware accelearation filters in Media SDK without enabling DXVA2? Or can I use Media SDK for video decoding in the way like CUDA access video processor?

By using DDI can I directly call the media processor in Core i5 through Media SDK?

Hi changl,

The only interfaces available to accelerate video on the GPU is DXVA. There is no other facility to access the media processor.

-Eric

0 Kudos