Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

Are there any speeds posted of h.264 compression speeds

ChicagoBob
Beginner
Are there any speeds postedon the milliseconds it takesto compress HD sized frames and or 2k or 4k
frames using h.264 compressionusin variousquad core processors and memory configurations?

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Eric_S_Intel
Employee

Hi ChicagoBob

There are no speeds posted. We dont post performance numbers on pre-released platforms. Also, performance will vary with the clip, format, bitrate, quality level, etc.

Eric

0 Kudos
ChicagoBob
Beginner
It would be interesting to find a baseline for comparison. X Bit rate with compressor X or Y and Intel.. But of course its all relative.

0 Kudos
ChicagoBob
Beginner
This is excellant news. From the AnAndTech review it looks like you easily can encode 4 HD streams simultaneously in realtime. (HD 1800 @ 29.97 fps) using Intel QuickSync.
Would I be wrong?

For years I have back burnered a project that I might bring back since this hardware has finally caught up to my media needs.

Thanks a bunch for the links.
0 Kudos