Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Audio Muxing with Media SDK based Encoder

Satish_P_
Beginner

We are working on Media sdk Gold configuration in which we are encoding Video from media SDK and encoding Audio from ffmpeg /avconv ..

after encoding completed successfully we want to mux these two "es" into mpeg TS .. but unfortunately we are having problem in muxing ..

initially we are trying to identify where encoded frames can be captured /passes in muxing function.

is there any sample or support for media sdk based muxing is available ? welcom for all suggestion having details for audio muxing in media sdk based encoder application .

we are supposed to use ffmpeg based muxing because we are already using ffmpeg to capture live data from capture card..

please suggest any solution

^satish pandey

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Satish,

I think ffmpeg muxing/demuxing is a good solution; Intel Media SDK is focusing on the video codec since ffmpeg and other tools has a mature features for muxing, we don't support muxing.

Mark

0 Kudos
Satish_P_
Beginner

thanks Mark

we are trying to make a full customizable solution so we will be needed to modify PID for video/audio /interface hardware type VBV buffer size ...etc

but in ffmpeg only few parameters are allowed to modify this will lead a complexity and may increase limitation of solution...

is there any other solution for Muxing audio and video ES into mpeg formate TS and send it to UDP..

Satish

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Satish,

I didn't use ffmpeg before so I don't know its API capabilities, if you don't know how to integrate with FFmpeg, you can reference to this paper--

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/integrating-intel-media-sdk-with-ffmpeg-for-muxdemuxing-and-audio-encodedecode-usages

In general, FFmpeg should have better chance for you but you might also check this page for the other de/muxing tools: http://www.videohelp.com/software/popular

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Mark

0 Kudos