Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

BRCParamMultiplier in Media Foundation

Rūdolfs_B_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Intel H.264 Encoder through the Media Foundation interface and am facing issues when setting the output media type. Originally the issue was that IMFTransform::SetOutputType would return E_FAIL but after debugging i came down to the fact that querying the video encoder parameters return MFX_WRN_INCOMPATIBLE_VIDEO_PARAM inside the Intel plugin code, and after i compared the in/corrected parameter structures i realized that the only thing corrected was BRCParamMultiplier (from 0 to 1). I could not find this parameter referenced anywhere in the MF plugin code, so I guess there are no ways to set it to via the MF interface, any suggestions what to do to overcome this? The resolution used is 1920x1080, i've set base profile and NV12 as input type, all of that seemed ok and the BRCParamMultiplier seemed to be the only corrected field.

Best Regards,

Rudolfs Bundulis

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Rūdolfs_B_
Beginner

Sorry my bad, I did not pay enough attention, apart from the BRCParamMultiplier  I was also missing MF_MT_INTERLACE_MODE, after setting that on the output type it seems to get accepted.

0 Kudos