Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Bay Trail (what HW accel)

ME
New Contributor I

What HW accel does a Bay Trail provide? using the sdk?

H264 ENcode?

VPP?  What does it not offer tha one might expect, regarding VPP or anything else?

Search was empty on Bay Trail.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Intel platform with code name "Bay Trail" is a platform that has yet to be released. We do not discuss non released platforms on this forum. If you require details about this platform suggest you connect with Intel sales representative and request NDA process.

On a very high level I can reveal that some of these platforms will have video acceleration capabilities similar to 3rd generation Core processors.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos
celli4
New Contributor I

This URL should show which formerly called Bay Trail CPU in ARK support Quick Sync:

http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced/?s=t&CodeNameText=Bay%20Trail&QuickSyncVideo=true

Cameron

0 Kudos
ME
New Contributor I

What is Dell selling (since 18 October) in its Venue 8 Pro?

Intel® Atom™ processor Z3740D with 32GB storage (2MB Cache, up to 1.8GHz Quad-Core)

http://www.dell.com/us/p/dell-venue-8-pro/pd?~srd=true&sk=venue%208%20pro&scat=prod

Ships the 25th, this Friday.

0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi again,

Sorry, My bad!  I was not thinking straight this morning, in my head I was thinking about a different platform. "Baytrail" platforms are definitely public.

The capabilities with regards to HW acceleration of video are very similar to 3rd generation Core processor.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos