Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Beta3 sample source sample_decode_s3d MFXVideoSession init failed

IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
command line and output is:

C:\\Program Files\\Intel\\Media SDK\\3.0.442.32245 Beta3\\samples\\_build\\Win32\\Debug>

sample_decode_s3d.exe mvc -i d:/test.mvc -o d:/out.yuv

Return on error: error code -3, c:\\program files\\intel\\media sdk\\3.0.442.32245 b

eta3\\samples\\sample_decode_s3d\\src\\pipeline_decode_s3d.cpp 435

Return on error: error code 1, c:\\program files\\intel\\media sdk\\3.0.442.32245 b

eta3\\samples\\sample_decode_s3d\\src\\sample_decode_s3d.cpp 170

But the binary sample_decode_s3d.exe Beta3 takes by itself running well, why?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee

One possible explanation for this behavior could be your system's search path.Is theMedia SDK 3 Beta 3 bin directoryincluded? Is it before older versions of Media SDK?

You may also want to check whether the library path matches the type of build you did on the sample (Win32/x64). If you run thebinary sampleincluded with the installation the matching Media SDK software DLL is in the same directory so thepath is not used in the search.

Please let us know if this does not get you started. We will be glad to investigate further.

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee

Thank you Jeff,the reason iswrong lingking version of libmfxsw32.dll, when i copy my build to bin folder, everything is right

0 Kudos