Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Blending two NV12 frames.

Hamza_U_1
Beginner

Hi All,

I'm trying to blend two nv12 files. I'm Using sample code from https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/536779 post.

I'm using one 1920x1080 yuv file and another one is 720x576. Blending of Luma appears fine, where as colors are scattered as 4 quadrants.

Attaching modified code as well.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Hamza, 

Can you please share more details about your system configuration like OS, hardware etc. Also, can you verify and confirm if latest version of MediaSDK/Media Server studio installed on your machine? 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Hamza_U_1
Beginner

Hi Harsh,

I'm using E3-1245 v5, with centos-release-7-2.1511.el7 64-bit.

Yes i'm running latest version of MediaSDK and I'm able to blend the same two files using MediaSamples_Linux_2016. Did you have a chance to run the attached code in your set-up ?

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Hamza, 

We have a known bug on this issue and currently under investigation by our dev team. Will update soon once I have any information. Thank you for reporting this bug. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Hamza_U_1
Beginner

Hi Harsh,

There was an issue in utils that i was using. It was reading nv12 files as yv12. Blending is fine after fixing that.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Hamza, 

Thanks for the update. Yes, NV12 input is expected. Glad, you were able to resolve this issue. Let's close this thread and please start a new thread for further questions. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos