Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Breaking up the SDK DLL into smaller pieces

froueint
Beginner

Hi,

I know this is a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway. Is it possible to get multiple smaller DLL's for various parts of the SDK instead of the one big DLL? I ask because we only use the VPP color conversion and H264 encoding and would rather not ship a 12MB DLL if we can avoid it. As a point of reference, the x264 encoder DLL is only 1MB.

Thanks,

Farhad

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Farhad, Your request has been noted and we will consider this, but in the near term I do not believe this will be prioritized. Note that the size of the DLL is only relevant in the case of SW implementation is used. If SW is not important to you, you do not have to include the SW DLL in your product. The HW DLL is part of the Intel Graphics driver package. Regards, Petter
0 Kudos