Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Broadwell capabilities ?

Oren_M_
Beginner

Hello

I was wondering which new capabilities (encoding & decoding-wise) Broadwell will be bringing to the table.

Will it have hardware H,265 enc/dec ?

Will it be able to pull 4K @ 60FPS ?

regards

Oren J. Maurice

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Yes to all your questions. Please find the details on Broadwell here and here.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Oren_M_
Beginner

Hello Harsh

The links have answered some of my questions, but not all. It specified HEVC won't be supported, but the encoding performance question for 4K60 (H.264) wasn't answered, and the ability to decode 4K wasn't as well (I thought I saw this will be added to Haswell already, as it has the "horsepower" to do that).

regards

Oren J. Maurice

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

As far as I know, we have  HEVC decode plugin support from driver also 4K support on BDW. I not sure on encode and 4K support @60 fps on BDW as I donot have the performance numbers on them in case that's what you are looking for. Let me contact our teams and get back to you with more information with numbers. 

Thank you,

0 Kudos