Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Buffering Period, Pic timing from encoded frame

peskens__gijs
Beginner

I'm working on a realtime streaming application which is to encode to MPEG2/h264/h265.

For the muxer to work best it needs to calculate PTS/DTS and initial arrival and final arrival values. And correct those when needed based of initial cpb removal delay (of NAL)+ offset.

Is there a way to access the values associated with the frame somewhere from mfxBitstream, outside of parsing the output bitstream itself?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi gijs,

Apologized for late response. Media SDK is to work with hardware decoder, this means the bitstream parsing happens at the hardware level, so in general it is hard to access frame info if the pipeline is running. 

But let me try, I am looking at function MFXVideoDECODE_DecodeHeader(), it mentioned to attach mfxExtCodingOptionSPSPPS structure to mfxVideoParams structure when call this function to retrieve SPS, PPS info at the sequence level but not frame level.

Could the information here can help?

Mark

0 Kudos
Arthonzl__Mark
Beginner

I would like to know more about Media SDK. Is this one for free? 

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Yes, MediaSDK is free product. It uses Intel hardware codec in GPU. In general, it is hard to get information at frame level since encoding/decoding process happens at hardware level, but it should be possible to access the bit stream at SPS/PPS level.

We have both Windows and Linux. For Linux, we have Open Source Media SDK which you can access with following URL:

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK

If you are using Linux, I encourage you to post the question to its issue list since you might get quick answer.

Mark

0 Kudos
Arthonzl__Mark
Beginner

Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos