Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Build errror building

derguteweka
Beginner

Moin,

Downloaded IntelMediaSDK2017R2_1forEmbeddedLinux.tar.gz

When trying to build, after executing ./setup.sh error occures:

| if LC_ALL=C grep '@[a-zA-Z0-9_][a-zA-Z0-9_]*@' t/ax/test-defs.sh-t; then echo "t/ax/test-defs.sh contains unexpanded substitution (see lines above)"; exit 1; fi; chmod a-w t/ax/test-defs.sh-t && mv -f t/ax/test-defs.sh-t t/ax/test-defs.sh
| help2man: can't get `--help' info from automake-1.15
| Try `--no-discard-stderr' if option outputs to stderr
| make: *** [Makefile:3687: doc/automake-1.15.1] Error 255
| make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

This seems to be an incompatibilty between automake-1.15 and perl, but i'm to stupid to tell yocto to patch it before building. Pls. advice.

WK

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I think you also can try to build on Ubuntu then copy the binary to yacto to run.

Thanks,

Zachary

0 Kudos
derguteweka
Beginner

Moin,

Oops, somehow the headline misses an end to be complete...sorry for that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I already tried, but did not succeed to find a suitable place to put anything, which will not be deleted by the whole bunch of building-scripts during the next build. Sorry, but this (combination of intel-scripts and yocto) is one of the worst build-systems i've ever seen. Also putting .rpm archives containing the important stuff  into a .tar.gz archive, which is packed into a .zip archive is rather - hmmm - special. :-)

Luckily it looks like i found a suitable way around the whole yocto-mess; maybe this helps other people, which also are not yocto-fans:

For me it seems, the sample_encoder,... examples from the SDK work now in my environment, which consists of a rather off-the-shelf LFS/BLFS (approx. version 8.1) with added iHD driver binary and the libva and libdrm built from the according intel/iotg-lin-gfx-xxxx git repositories. That seems to be all it needs to make the examples from SDK run. It's a little bit confusing, that in the "completely free" version of libva the vainfo tool has been moved to another repository (libva-utils), while its still in the iotg-lin-gfx-libva, which is the suitable one for the "not-so-free" iHD driver...

WK

0 Kudos