Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Can I only use MediaSDK's encoder on Windows XP with GPU's acceleration?

thomasil
Beginner
Hi,

I have an i7 processor, Iwant to encode video by MediaSDK with GPU's acceleration.

It is said that MediaSDK relies on DXVA2, while DXVA2 is used for decoder.
So I wonder can I use the MediaSDK's encoder on Windows XP with GPU's acceleration?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Eric_S_Intel
Employee

Hello,

XP is not supported by the Intel Media SDK. Please see the Release Notes:

Software

Microsoft* Windows Vista* with Service Pack 2, or Microsoft Windows* 7 Operating System

Microsoft Visual C++* 2005 with Service Pack 1, or later version of Microsoft Visual C++

For the Microsoft DirectShow* samples: Microsoft Windows SDK Update 6.1 for Windows Vista, or later

For the Microsoft Media Foundation* samples: Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7

-Eric

0 Kudos
thomasil
Beginner
Thanks for your answer!
0 Kudos
thomasil
Beginner
Hi Eric,

Is there any possible way that I can utilize GPU's acceleration for video encoding with i7 processor on Windows XP?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
thomasil
Beginner
Is there any method for XP ?
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi,

as stated earlier, Intel Media SDK does not support Windows XP. However, feel free to try it on WinXP using latest driver, it will possibly work, but keep in mind that the product is not validated for this OS so for any issues you encounter we may not be able to provide support.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
thomasil
Beginner
Thanks Peter!

I tried it on XP, it can work with software codecs.
If I encode with "-hw", it returns error "-3".
0 Kudos