Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Can't build Media SDK 2014 samples

Roman_T_
New Contributor I

Hi all!

I installed Media SDK 2014 and "full transcode sample" and tried to compile this sample.

First at all I was very surprised that source for Media SDK 2014 was created in Visual Studio 2005.

When I tried to complie this sample in VS2010, Visual Studio tried to load some headers from Windows SDK 7.0a folder (for example dxgiformat.h).

As I see, this file has enum for various  color formats.

So, Windows SDK 7.0a version of this file doesn't have some definitions, required by source file from Intel. Build failed :(

I'd like to know is it just my mistake or it's a general problem?

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OTorg
New Contributor III

Which definitions?

0 Kudos
Roman_T_
New Contributor I

DXGI_FORMAT_YUY2

DXGI_FORMAT_P8

DXGI_FORMAT_NV12

DXGI_FORMAT_420_OPAQUE

But, DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM definition was recognized absolutely normally

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos
Roman_T_
New Contributor I

Hi alek,

I put some definitions from source from Intel : DXGI_FORMAT_YUY2, DXGI_FORMAT_P8, DXGI_FORMAT_NV12, DXGI_FORMAT_420_OPAQUE.

Best regards,

Roman 

0 Kudos
OTorg
New Contributor III

You need at least Windows 8 SDK for this definitions to be available: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb173059.aspx (Win8 SDK allows to develop applications for Vista and later).

0 Kudos
Roman_T_
New Contributor I

Alek, thank you!

I Installed Windows 8 SDK on my Windows 7 PC and compiled a sample.

Everything works normally now.

Best regards,

Roman

0 Kudos