Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Can't decode MPEG-2 Video

Masa-Tam
Novice

Library Version: Media SDK 2019 R1
Compiler Version: Visual Studio 2019 16.5.5
CPU: Core i7-6700K
Driver: 27.20.100.8187

In the above environment, MPEG-2 video could not be hardware decoded even with the MediaSDK sample.

How do I decode MPEG-2 video?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Masa-Tam
Novice

I am very sorry.

The problem is that we have modified the sample to process the input stream into smaller fragments, which is why the It was occurring due to.

It is now possible to decode normally by feeding more than one frame of MPEG-2 data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Dmitry_E_Intel
Employee

MPEG2 decoder works on SKL. Please share stream you tested and sample_decode command line.

0 Kudos
Zanaboni__Gabriele

Me too I have problems decode to MPEG2. After installed the oneAPI ToolKits 2021.1.1113.beta06, I run the simple_encode sample, changing the bitstream output to MPEG2, directly from visual studio professional 2017. Encode file end out to be h264

0 Kudos
Masa-Tam
Novice

The tested source is MPEG-2 demultiplexed from the following download.

https://download1.pegasys-inc.com/download_files/mpeg/TE3demo_kishin6Mbps.zip.

The command line inputs are as follows.

sample_decode mpeg2 -hw -i demuxed_file

0 Kudos
Zanaboni__Gabriele

#4 quote Masaharu T.

You are right. Decode works fine, The problem seems to be encoding NV12 to MPEG2 or MJPEG.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Danil_Egorov
Employee

I could not reproduce this problem. What does the sample_decode output? Did you use the «-o» option to specify the output stream?

0 Kudos
Danil_Egorov
Employee

I could not reproduce the bug. What exactly doesn’t work? Does the decoder produce something or is there a problem in the output stream?

I checked the following sequence for demultiplexing and decoding:

ffmpeg -i TE3demo_kishin6Mbps.mpg stream.m2v

sample_decode mpeg2 -hw -i stream.m2v -o out.yuv

0 Kudos
Masa-Tam
Novice

I am very sorry.

The problem is that we have modified the sample to process the input stream into smaller fragments, which is why the It was occurring due to.

It is now possible to decode normally by feeding more than one frame of MPEG-2 data.

0 Kudos