Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Can't initialize encoder on Atom E3950

mccoy__nicholas
Beginner

I'm trying to get access to hardware accelerated video compression on an Atom processor.  I did some preliminary work on an i7-4910MQ without issues, but I can't successfully call MFXVideoENCODE_Init on the E3950.  Is there some setting or other change I need?

When I compile the "simple_encode" tutorial project for x86, MFXVideoENCODE_Init will return MFX_ERR_MEMORY_ALLOC.  simple_encode.exe will print the following:

>simple_encode.exe -g 640x480 -b 74000 -f 30/1
 Could not allocate memory. c:\source\mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3\simple_3_encode\src\simple_encode.cpp 167

When I compile the "simple_encode" tutorial project for x64, MFXVideoENCODE_Init causes an access violation and simple_encode.exe will exit without printing anything.

simple_session.exe works OK for both x86 and x64.

>simple_session.exe
Implementation: HARDWARE                 API Version: 1.27

I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC.  Compiling with Intel(R) Media SDK 2019 R1 on MS Visual Studio 2017.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Nik,

I will check on my side, but you might also check if following code can run:

• sample_encode from the release package.
  • simple_7_codec from tutorial.

If you can find "simple_7_codec", you can find it here:

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK/tree/master/tutorials

Mark

0 Kudos