Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Can't see Media SDK filters in Graphedit

Frank_v_1
Beginner

Hello,

I'm a beginner with Directshow, but made my first application already. I'm able to capture and preview various cameras I use for the project I'm working on. However, all the capture content is RAW video, so huge in size. Therefore, I would like to use the Intel h264 encoder. I built my software in Labview, but first test my directshow setup in Graphedit. However, I don't see the Intel filters in Graphedit. I installed the media SDK, but that is how far I got. 

I hope somebody has the patience to walk me through the process or give me some pointers where to look.

I was able to get other third-party encoders in graphedit.

Thank you,

Frank

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Frank, 

Glad to know your application is going well. Here is article which describes how one can add Intel Media SDK decoder and encoder in the graphedit pipeline. I hope this answers your question. If you do see any issue, please let us know. 

-Surbhi

0 Kudos
Frank_v_1
Beginner

Hi Surbhi,

Thanks for you response, but this is not the problem I'm facing. I have installed the media SDK, but I'm unable to find the Intel Filters in my graphedit filter list. So, I cannot even add them to the pipeline. Is there any .dll or .ax file I need to register?  Or could the problem be somewhere else?

-Frank

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Frank,

You are right that those DLLs need to be registered to be available in Graphedit. If you are using 64-bit Graphedit, please register 64-bit DLLs, and similarly register 32-bit DLLs if you are using 32-bit Graphedit. Also, to register 64-bit DLLs, please make sure to use regsvr32 under c:\Windows\SysWOW64, since by default regsvr32 might be for 32-bit. In either case, please run regsvr32 as administrator. Hope this helps. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Frank_v_1
Beginner

Hi,

And which DLLs do I need to register? Because I did the mfx_mft_h264ve_w7_32.dll, but I can't find it in the list.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Frank,

From your original post, looks like you need h264 encoder filter, which is in our deprecated sample package that can be downloaded here https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio-support/code-samples. Those deprecated samples are no longer tested or verified in the current MediaSDK, but you can still add h264_enc_filter.dll in Graphedit.

0 Kudos