Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

Cant find the h265 hw decoder lib and GUID after installing professional edition evalution

shiyin_x_
Beginner

sir:

I install the professional edition evalution on intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1285 v3 with centos 7.1,  but in /opt/intel/mediasdk/plugins i dont find the libmfx_hevcd_hw64.so and dont find the h265 hw GUID in the file of plugin.cfg.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Shiyin,

Did you install the HEVC package inside MediaServerStudioProfessional package? After installing Media Server Studio, please also install HEVC component, and you will see the HEVC GUIDs in the plugin.cfg. HEVC HW decoder comes with graphics driver, that's why libmfx_hevcd_hw64.so is not there. The HEVC HW decode GUID is 33a61c0b4c27454ca8d85dde757c6f8e. To see the list of GUID plugins, please refer to mfxplugin.h under /opt/intel/mediasdk/include. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Shiyin,

Did you install the HEVC package inside MediaServerStudioProfessional package? After installing Media Server Studio, please also install HEVC component, and you will see the HEVC GUIDs in the plugin.cfg. HEVC HW decoder comes with graphics driver, that's why libmfx_hevcd_hw64.so is not there. The HEVC HW decode GUID is 33a61c0b4c27454ca8d85dde757c6f8e. To see the list of GUID plugins, please refer to mfxplugin.h under /opt/intel/mediasdk/include. Thanks!

0 Kudos
shiyin_x_
Beginner

sir:

Thanks a lot , i try the sample_decoder_drm decode h265 without -p and -path parameters, and it works well.

there is a lot changes about parameters.

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Glad you got it working, and thanks for update. Without "-p" in command, by default, it loads SW plugin, but it is recommended to use "-p" with appropriate GUID when using HEVC encode/decode.

0 Kudos
shiyin_x_
Beginner

Shaojuan Z. (Intel) wrote:

Glad you got it working, and thanks for update. Without "-p" in command, by default, it loads SW plugin, but it is recommended to use "-p" with appropriate GUID when using HEVC encode/decode.

sir:

i use the decode and encode on centos 7.1 with intel media sdk 2015 R6 without -p,   and the encode and decode use the hw when i run the sample_decode_drm -i **** -o **** and sample_encode_drm -i **** -o **** -w *** -h *** -f *** -b *** without -p parameter.  when i add -p parameter to the sample_decode_drm -i **** -o **** and sample_encode_drm -i **** -o **** -w *** -h *** -f *** -b *** , them dont work. i find the fault in plugin_loader.h in sample common.

the sample_multi_transcode_drm will fail with the set, -pe or -pd parameters, i should really need to read the code. 

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Shiyin,

HEVC HW decode is not enabled in Linux yet, but SW decode with -p and the corresponding GUID should work. HEVC SW and GACC (gpu accelerated) encode with -p should work too. What's the driver version of the GPU? Could you please update to the latest driver first and see if it works? If not, can you send us the command you used? Thanks.

0 Kudos
shiyin_x_
Beginner

Hi Shiyin,

HEVC HW decode is not enabled in Linux yet, but SW decode with -p and the corresponding GUID should work. HEVC SW and GACC (gpu accelerated) encode with -p should work too. What's the driver version of the GPU? Could you please update to the latest driver first and see if it works? If not, can you send us the command you used? Thanks.

The tips are enough for my questions, but now i get another problem, i run sample_multi_transcode_drm -par test.par,  sometime the sample cant end the process. In centos7.1, i use top command in a terminal to look at pid of sample_multi_transcode_drm, i also find the process, but it use little cpu and some memory, it dont write output file any more, it all have a pid which i see using top command.

the problem is from trial version ??? i know the frame number limit for HEVC.

the test.par's content as following:               

-i::h265 ./videoFile/1080p.265 -o::h265 ./outVideo/720p0_900frame.h265 -w 1280 -h 720 -f 20 -b 300 -async 10 -n 900 -join -hw -pe e5400a06c74d41f5b12d430bbaa23d0b

-i::h265 ./videoFile/1080p.265 -o::h265 ./outVideo/720p0_900frame.h265 -w 1280 -h 720 -f 20 -b 300 -async 10 -n 900 -join -hw -pe e5400a06c74d41f5b12d430bbaa23d0b

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Shiyin,

I tried the exact same command as yours in a parfile, and didn't see the same issue as yours at our end. How many frames are in the 1080p.265 video? Longer than 900 frames? You are right, trial version can only process about 1000 frames. It might be possible that sample_multi_transcode return an exception error for trial version, while the error was caught as an non-ending process by Top. Did you set the output files with different names? Also, in future, could you open a new thread for a different question? It will be easier for us to track. Thanks!

0 Kudos
qin_c_
Beginner

Hi Shiyin,

Hi.

i need to be sure of one thing: HEVC HW decode is not enabled or is not supported in Linux with Media SDK2015R6.

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Qin,

HEVC HW decode is not enabled and not supported in Linux MediaSDK2015R6. It will be enabled in Skylake. 

0 Kudos