Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Change brightness, hue etc at run time using VPP

Sarbjit_S_
Beginner

I am trying to use intel VPP for post processing my video frames. I create the video params and trying to initialize but when I add ProCamp filter it always says invalid video param supplied. I am not sure what is wrong. Code is same as per the samples. 

m_tabDoUseAlg[m_filtersAdded++] = MFX_EXTBUFF_VPP_PROCAMP;

memset(&m_procampConfig, 0, sizeof(m_procampConfig));
	m_procampConfig.Header.BufferId = MFX_EXTBUFF_VPP_PROCAMP;
	m_procampConfig.Header.BufferSz = sizeof(mfxExtVPPProcAmp);
	m_procampConfig.Hue = m_hue;
	m_procampConfig.Saturation = m_saturation;
	m_procampConfig.Contrast = m_contrast;
	m_procampConfig.Brightness = m_brightness;

m_extBuffer[m_filtersAdded] = (mfxExtBuffer*)&m_procampConfig;

Same thing happens for frame rate conversion filter. I am not sure what is going on. I am assuming that because I have different frame rate for input and output, SDK probably will add a frame rate conversion filter, may be when I am trying to add it again it is giving issue, but not sure about it.

Also i need to know if I can change the filter configuration at run time. Ideally I need to change brightness hue etc on user input while the pipeline is processing the frames. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sarbjit_S_
Beginner

Anyone has any idea, i would really appreciate it.

0 Kudos