Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

CoCreateInstance for Quick Sync Video H.264 Encoder returns E_FAIL

Diederick_H_
Beginner

Dear reader,

I'm trying to encode raw NV12 buffers using Window Media Foundation Transforms. I iterate over the available hardware encoders using MFEnumEx, extract the GUID from the activation object which supports hardware encoding. Then when I try to create the transform object using CoCreateInstance(), the function returns E_FAIL.  What am I doing wrong? I've pasted all my test code here with the steps to reproduce this issue.

I've seen a couple of other posts in this forum with somewhat related issue dating from back to 2013. As I understand Quick Sync is supported through the Windows Media Transform API, or am I wrong?

Best,
d

0 Kudos
0 Replies