Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Color distortion in sample_vpp with composition

iroeville
Beginner

I've managed to get composition to work OK with the sample_vpp, but there is a lot of color distortion in the output as viewed in yuvplayer.

I've attached some files to illustrate this - the command line, the parameters file, the input NV12, and the output NV12 file. There is also a couple of screenshots saved from yuvplayer showing the input file looking OK, and the output file with color distortion. The color distortion is both inside and outside the composited area.

Please note there is only ONE input file in the package - it is used TWICE in the parameters file so that a smaller identical image is composited.

Any idea what might be causing the color distortion ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi There, 

Thank you for sharing the complete reproducer package. Can you please confirm if system environment is "Windows 7 on an i7-3610QM processor" with latest drivers installed as from previous thread.  

Thanks,

0 Kudos
iroeville
Beginner

Thanks - Yes, that is correct.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi There, 

The input stream in the package attached above is not in NV12 format. It's in i420 which has a different chroma layout compared to NV12. After converting it to NV12, output does not contain artifacts anymore. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos