Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Common Libraries for Intel Media SDK Sample c++17 support

bingol__evren
Novice

Are there any plans to bring the Intel sample code which does encode and decode up to speed with c++17
Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Evren,

Could you describe your use case?

I will fill up a feature request but a detailed description would help.

Mark

0 Kudos
bingol__evren
Novice

Well Basically I am working on a project which uses some winrt10 functionality which needs to compile using c++17. It is a requirement by Microsoft. I want to use your sample_common as a lib in my project as it is a great helper.  But the headers in that sample_common.lib wont compile with c++17. There are some easy fixes like changing the auto pointers to unique pointers but there are some other stuff too. I start fixing it but I thought maybe Intel can update it as some of the c++ stuff in the common_sample is deprecated.  

hope this helps. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Thanks so much,

I have copied the description to the feature request and I will check when they are going to fix it.

Mark

0 Kudos