Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Compilers supported with Media SDK 2013

stevz
Beginner

Hi

I can find no references in the documents other than Visual Studio 2008 or later. I currently use the Media SDK 2012 in my project together with Microsoft VC9 64 bit compiler (Visual Studio 2008). But I might want to change to the VC11 64 bit compiler of the Visual Studio 2012. Is the Media SDK 2013 binary compatible for usage in a VC11 compiler environment?

thanks,
Steve

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...But I might want to change to the VC11 64 bit compiler of the Visual Studio 2012. Is the Media SDK 2013 binary compatible >>for usage in a VC11 compiler environment?.. Yes, It has to be compatible. However, it makes sense to re-compile projects / sources you need with the Visual Studio 2012.
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Correct. Visual Studio 2012 is fully supported.

Just open any Media SDK sample project and allow Visual Studio 2012 to upgrade the project. Then rebuild.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I do not actually use the Visual Studio but only its 64 bit compiler along with Eclipse. It would be nice if you share your experience with integration of Microsoft or Intel C++ compilers with Eclipse on Intel C++ compiler forum. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
stevz
Beginner

Sergey,

if you could be more specific of what kind of experienced you would like to have shared? I do not use the Intel compiler, but only the Visual Studio compiler. Until last week I was using the Visual Studio 2008 64 bit compiler from the Windows SDK 7.0 and now I've switched to the Visual Studio 2012 64 bit compiler which comes for free as cross compiler with the Visual Studio Express release.

Because I use the Qt framework I also rely on the QMake tool to generate makefiles from Qt project files. Then its a simple matter of running nmake.exe. Eclipse is quite comfortable in "building" projects using any kind of build command you define. In my case I use simple batch files to first run qmake, then nmake, and finally copying compiled DLLs and stuff to my "installation environment".

The only thing missing is a debugger integration of the Microsoft debugger into Eclipse but using the VS Express version lets you easily attach to your exe or even start the exe for debugging from Visual Studio.

regards,
Stevz

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>>>...experience with integration of Microsoft or Intel C++ compilers with Eclipse... >> >>...if you could be more specific of what kind of experienced you would like to have shared?.. Just integration of Microsoft C++ compiler with Eclipse however you've given already some details. I've integrated MinGW C++ compiler with Eclipse and it was a very simple procedure, but I didn't try any other C++ compilers.
0 Kudos
stevz
Beginner

I think that won't belong to the Intel compiler forum here :)

And its not much more than what I've already posted. I have a batch file that starts the 64 bit cross_compiler environment from the Visual Studio Express installation. Next I create a new project in Eclipse and customize the build command in the project settings to a custom batch file that I adapt for each of my projects.

This custom batch file calls QMake first, which generates makefiles from the very simple Qt project file that I also need to have for each project. This (in its simplest form) is just a list of cpp and header files that need to be compiled. Next in the batch file is a call to nmake and finally I copy the compiled DLL, EXE, and other resources (archives, shaders, whatever, ...) to my installation directories from where I can run my applications.

The remainder of the "integration" into Eclipse is just setting some environment variables with bin and include pathes and letting the Eclipse indexer know the corresponding include pathes.

regards,
Stevz

0 Kudos