Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Contiguous memory allocation for NV12 decode

Mingyu_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We are using media sdk for decoding the video stream into NV12. We found that sometimes Y and UV planes are contiguous and sometimes not.

Is there an option to set the output layout whether to prevent gap between Y plane and UV plane?

Or was it just a coincidence to have a contiguous layout?

Thanks,

Mingyu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

gap between Y plane and UV plane?

you mean to say that UV plane is not starting just after ending the Y plane, i.e. UV != Y + width * height ?

If so, then please note that Y plane size will be pitch * height and not width * height. This pitch and width value will be same if width is multiple of 16, else pitch value will be aligned by 16 of width value, which is slightly greater than width.

Please let me know in case i understood your issue incorrectly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

gap between Y plane and UV plane?

you mean to say that UV plane is not starting just after ending the Y plane, i.e. UV != Y + width * height ?

If so, then please note that Y plane size will be pitch * height and not width * height. This pitch and width value will be same if width is multiple of 16, else pitch value will be aligned by 16 of width value, which is slightly greater than width.

Please let me know in case i understood your issue incorrectly.

0 Kudos