Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Copy contents of DirectX10 Texture

Andrew_B_2
Beginner

I am trying to encode a series of frames from a D3D10Texture2D using the Intel Media SDK.  I have the pipeline all setup and that works with test data and I am now trying to transfer data from my D3D10Texture2D to my VPP surface to start processing.  I am able to get a DirectX reference to the VPP surface using:

(IDirect3DSurface9 *)_mfxSurfacesVPPIn[nVPPSurfIdx]->Data.MemId

I am now trying to write to this surface from my D3D10Texture2D without using a system copy step and have it all in the GPU.  I am trying to do this by creating a texture from the surface and then open this DirectX 9 Texture as a shared resource from my DirectX 10 device.

void fun(IDirect3DSurface9 * pSurface)
           {
			D3D10_TEXTURE2D_DESC desc;
			_sharedTexture->GetDesc(&desc);

//	Create D3D9 texture of the surface to copy to
			IDirect3DDevice9 * d3d9;
			pSurface->GetDevice(&d3d9);

int width = desc.Width;
			int height = desc.Height;

HANDLE SharedHandle = NULL;
			LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9 pTexture9 = NULL;
			HRESULT hr = d3d9->CreateTexture(width, height, 0, D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET, D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, &pTexture9, &SharedHandle);

if (SUCCEEDED(hr))
			{
				IDirect3DSurface9* dest = NULL; // to be our level0 surface of the texture
				hr = pTexture9->GetSurfaceLevel(0, &dest);

if (FAILED(hr))
				{
					return;
				}

hr = d3d9->StretchRect(pSurface, NULL, dest, NULL, D3DTEXF_NONE);

if (FAILED(hr))
				{
					return;
				}
				// Create a D3D10 reference to our texture
				ID3D10Texture2D* destTexture = NULL;

hr = _d3dDevice->OpenSharedResource(SharedHandle, __uuidof(ID3D10Texture2D), (LPVOID*)&destTexture);

if (FAILED(hr))
				{
					return;
				}

if (destTexture != nullptr)
				{
					// Copy to the shared resource
					_d3dDevice->CopyResource(destTexture, _sharedTexture);
				}
			}
		}

At the moment it is failing at the StretchRect function and I am unsure why.  I want to continue using DirectX 9 support as I would like to support Windows 7.

Is this the way to go with moving data a DirectX 10 resource to a DirectX 9 resource?  Is there some other technique to do this?  Any ideas why the above copy of the surfaces is failing?

0 Kudos
0 Replies