Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Could Someone Tell Me Release Date Of Next Graphics Driver Version

Darrell_H_
New Contributor I

Hi everyone.

I need to know when the next graphics driver for the Ivy Bridge processors will be released.

My project cannot be released because of a handle leaking bug with the latest version of the graphics driver, and solving this problem is very urgent for the project.

I posted a thread about this issue in the following link.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/595304

So would someone care to tell me the approximate release date of the next driver version?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexey_F_Intel
Employee

sad news for you, sorry. every driver supports 2 hardware generations - current and previous. current is Skylake, previous - Broadwell. IvyBridge is 2 generations behind Broadwell.

only 2 ways to solve the issue - 1) workaround it in your app or 2) upgrade to latest hardware

Regards, Alexey

0 Kudos
AaronL
Beginner

Alexey Fadeev (Intel) wrote:

sad news for you, sorry. every driver supports 2 hardware generations - current and previous. current is Skylake, previous - Broadwell. IvyBridge is 2 generations behind Broadwell.

According to the summary text at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25484/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40- , the latest driver supports three hardware generations, not two:  6th, 5th, and 4th generation Intel Core processors (Skylake, Broadwell, and Haswell, respectively).  Alexey:  perhaps you meant that Intel isn't actively validating this driver package on 4th generation Intel Core processors?

Regarding Ivy Bridge, I've basically given up on Ivy Bridge (3rd generation), which is now three generations old.  I never encountered the handle leak (although I wasn't looking for it), but I encountered other issues, such as encoding (and occasionally decoding) failing for no good reason with MFX_ERR_DEVICE_FAILED when calling SyncOperation().  When this happens, there is no recovery, and it is necessary to start a session over from scratch.  A number of people have posted about getting this error on the forum, and no one from Intel has ever provided any answers as to why it occurs.  I have yet to see this issue, however, since moving to 4th generation and up.  My guess is that Intel is only actively maintaining the 4th generation and up graphics driver package.

0 Kudos
Alexey_F_Intel
Employee

you right, but this seems an exception to roll out support for Windows10 on Haswell which is yet dominant on the market. BTW, when it said "supports" it really means "activly validated"  on the listed Hardware x Software combinations

0 Kudos