Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Cpu is too high when hw encoding h264 interlaced video

neil_z_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to hw encoding h264 interlaced video using sample_encode in Media SDK 2013 R3 Linux Servers.  The cpu is too high about 600%. 

Compile cmd line: build.pl --cmake=intel64.make.release --build.   Encoding cmd line: sample_encode_drm h264 -tff -hw -i raw.yuv -o video.264 -w 1920 -h 1080. 

As using -tff parameter, the cpu is too high about 600%, while remove this parameter the cpu is just 30%. How can I encoding interlaced video under lower cpu?

Linux(x86_64) Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770T CPU @ 2.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Thanks,

Neil

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

This is simply a result of hardware and low-level driver support..  

All hardware and drivers have limitations and for this device, this is one.  When encoding this, the CPU is required to perform tasks.

-Tony

0 Kudos
neil_z_
Beginner

Hi,

Same code on windows works fine with/without tff parameter.

When would linux sdk real support interlace although you announce support interlace?

Thanks,

Neil

0 Kudos