Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Crash in MFXVideoENCODE_Query() in 64 bits Windows

Cavin__Xavier
Beginner

Hello.

We are encountering a random crash in the MFXVideoENCODE_Query() function in 64 bits Windows on a lot of Intel HD Graphics.

The crash occurs between 80% and 100% of the times, depending on the platform.

Version : Intel(R) Media SDK 2018 R1 8.0.24.0 (Windows 10 64 bits)

We do not encounter the issue when running in 32 bits (or when using D3D11 memory instead of system memory, in 32 or 64 bits).

The issue can be reproduced with your intel_media_sdk_sample_encode.exe application and your YUV sample file.

We use the following command line:

intel_media_sdk_sample_encode.exe h264 -i test_stream_176x96.yuv -o out.h264 -w 176 -h 96 -g 256

Could you please let us know if you can reproduce the issue, and if you can provide a fix?

Thanks and best regards,

Xavier

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Xavier,

I tried the command many times and I can't reproduce even a single case.

Except Media SDK version, could you also send me the environment?

My environment is, i5-8350U, Windows 10 Enterprise ver 1709 build 16299.1150. UHD 620 graphic, graphic driver version 25.20.100.6444

Also could you double check the graphic driver to see if it is updated.

I also tried ApolloLake platform with Windows 10 Pro 1809 and no reproduce.

Mark

0 Kudos
Cavin__Xavier
Beginner

Hi Mark.

Thanks for your reply.

We have recompiled the sample application with the Intel(R) Media SDK 2018 R2, and we no longer encounter the problem.

The issue is also fixed in our application.

Thanks for you help.

Xavier

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

I am glad you have fixed it and let me know if there is other issue.

Mark

0 Kudos