Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Debug Assertion Failed in using MVC in Intel Media SDK

karthick1990r
Beginner
I'm trying to run the sample api given for MVC encoder in intel media sdk. I have given input as two files i.e left and right views of a video to get MVC encoded output. But I'm getting a Debug assertion failed message.
I'm using MS visual studio 2010 ultimate to debug and run the code. Pls help.....
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi,

This is a known issue (forsample_encode debug build) we will resolve in Media SDK Gold Update 2012, planned for release early April.

Until then please modify the following in your sample_common project.
sample_utils.h: Replace the signature for the Init function in theCSmplYUVReader class from:
virtual mfxStatus Init(const TCHAR *strFileName, const mfxU32 ColorFormat, const mfxU32 numViews, std::vector srcFileBuff);
to
virtual mfxStatus Init(const TCHAR *strFileName, const mfxU32 ColorFormat, const mfxU32 numViews, std::vector &srcFileBuff);
And the same change insample_utils.cpp:
mfxStatus CSmplYUVReader::Init(const TCHAR *strFileName, const mfxU32 ColorFormat, const mfxU32 numViews, std::vector srcFileBuff)
to
mfxStatus CSmplYUVReader::Init(const TCHAR *strFileName, const mfxU32 ColorFormat, const mfxU32 numViews, std::vector &srcFileBuff)

Note that only change applied is using a parameter "&" reference instead of copy call to the function.

Regards,
Petter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi,

This is a known issue (forsample_encode debug build) we will resolve in Media SDK Gold Update 2012, planned for release early April.

Until then please modify the following in your sample_common project.
sample_utils.h: Replace the signature for the Init function in theCSmplYUVReader class from:
virtual mfxStatus Init(const TCHAR *strFileName, const mfxU32 ColorFormat, const mfxU32 numViews, std::vector srcFileBuff);
to
virtual mfxStatus Init(const TCHAR *strFileName, const mfxU32 ColorFormat, const mfxU32 numViews, std::vector &srcFileBuff);
And the same change insample_utils.cpp:
mfxStatus CSmplYUVReader::Init(const TCHAR *strFileName, const mfxU32 ColorFormat, const mfxU32 numViews, std::vector srcFileBuff)
to
mfxStatus CSmplYUVReader::Init(const TCHAR *strFileName, const mfxU32 ColorFormat, const mfxU32 numViews, std::vector &srcFileBuff)

Note that only change applied is using a parameter "&" reference instead of copy call to the function.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos