Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Debugging Intel's DXVA_ModeHEVC_VLD_Main display driver implentation

Bond__Simon
Beginner
I'm in the process of implementing DXVA_ModeHEVC_VLD_Main, however IDirectXVideoDecoder Execute is throwing an access violation internally in igdumdim32.dll. Are there any Intel display driver debug symbols available or is there any way to get some insight around what's going on? My DXVA2 decoding calls work correctly for H264 and MPEG2 modes, and I'm reasonably confident that the newly added HEVC DXVA2 decode buffers are at least sane and pointing to valid data per the MSDN DXVA_HEVC_Spec.docx, so I'm at a bit of a loss at this stage. The unresolved stack trace is; igdumdim32.dll!626ee0f4() igdumdim32.dll!628880fe() gdi32.dll!_NtGdiDdDDILock() igdumdim32.dll!627f14e2() igdumdim32.dll!62753617() igdumdim32.dll!627289d4() DirectXVideoDecoder.Execute(DXVA2_DecodeExecuteParams* pExecuteParams) Any insight or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, - Simon
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bond__Simon
Beginner

Erghhh, that hastily entered subject is going to drive me.

Please disregard this forum topic -- the access violation error is because I missed setting the DXVA_PicParams_HEVC PicWidthInMinCbsY value.

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

No Problem Simon, glad you found your answer.

Also, for driver-level API issues, you might want to also look at other forums (like https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/user-community-for-visual-computing), since this forum is intended to focus on the Intel Media SDK API.

0 Kudos