Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Decode+VPP pipeline

Mihail_P_
Beginner

Hi

Is it possible to create pipeline that include decode and vpp in such a way:

decode-->video memory-->vpp-->system memory

Is it possible to combine different IOPattern values in one pipeline?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hi Mihail,

Yes, you can do that. Take a look at our tutorial simple_6_decode_vpp_postproc. You can replace the VPP out video memory with system memory. https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio-support/training

When you do make the change, please note that the surface allocation for video and system memory is different. You can take a look at other tutorials that do encode/decode with and without video memory and follow the steps. For example, simple_2_decode uses system memory and simple_2_decode_vmem uses video memory - follow the methodology used by these examples to modify your application.

0 Kudos
Mihail_P_
Beginner

Hi Sravanthi,

Following your link I`ve downloaded mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.3. In simple_6_decode_vpp_postproc I see that decode is configured to output to system memory, not video. Then vpp takes system memory as input and produces output in system memory. Do you mean that I should configure decode to video memory output?

0 Kudos
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hi Mihail, Yes please use the tutorial as the reference and configure the IO surfaces according to your pipeline. I should have been more clear.

0 Kudos
Mihail_P_
Beginner

Hi Sravanthi,

I`ve modified the tutorial sample simple_6_decode_vpp_postproc in order to create desired pipeline. Seems to work. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hi Mihail - Great, thanks for the update. I am going to close your thread - hope that's alright. For any otehr question, please start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

0 Kudos