Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Decode sample will not deliver all the frames from this MPEG2 stream

Donald_G_
Beginner

Please refer to this MPEG2 file that contains a single GOP.

http://neuron2.net/misc/seg.m2v

I use this command line:

sample_decode mpeg2 -i seg.m2v -o seg.yuv -hw

The decoder decodes and outputs only one frame. Please advise how to fix this. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Donald_G_
Beginner

This affects all MPEG2 streams, not just ones with a single GOP! It makes it impossible for me to play the entire file or to seek to near the end and play from there. Please advise.

0 Kudos
Donald_G_
Beginner

Any chance of a reply here, or should I just drop my QuickSync-based projects due to lack of support?

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

This issue is being looked at by some experts to determine what is unique about these MPEG2 streams.  (The Media SDK software and hardware implementations are tested with many streams for conformance and used in many commercial products, but I suspect there is something about these streams we could be handling differently).

0 Kudos