Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Decode to Direct3d11-Texture (GPU-only)

Ralf_K_
Beginner

I have an existing Direct3d11 App with a static Texture2d. I want to make the static Texture2d dynamic by decoding a H264 stream direct to this D3D11 Texture2D which is represented by a ShaderResourceView.

Is this possible with Intel Media SDK on GPU only (without copying decoded Frames temporarily to system memory) ?

If yes, is there a sample available, which explains how i can do this?

Best regards,

Ralf

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hello there - If I understand your question right, you want to use Media SDK's decoder to render directly onto the D3D surfaces without copying into system memory, right? If so, you can look at our sample_decoder sample that provides this option (using the -r option from command line). https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio-support/code-samples

If I misunderstood your question, let me know.

0 Kudos
Ralf_K_
Beginner

Thanks, this is a good starting point, for me.

0 Kudos